Good practice 3: Being happy and quality of life
Examples demonstrating when care and support focuses on people being happy and having a good quality of life:
- people are in control of their lives
- people are happy for much of their lives
- staff feel valued and the organisation quickly deals with staff who are not living up to organisational values
- support plans truly reflect an individual’s preferences, fears, and dreams
- staff are recruited, trained, and developed to understand the value of getting to know the person being supported and recognise that small things are important
- staff creativity is valued and encouraged
- staff have the confidence, skills and authority to make decisions, and
- there is evidence that individual staff make a big difference.
Below are examples of good practice which centre on part three of the code, Being happy and quality of life
. Click on one of the titles below to read a description, download related documents or watch related videos.
The list below is organised by date with the most recent at the top.